Mini Lasagnas



I was looking for some great lunch ideas. Something that I could make ahead and quickly heat up. After scouring the Internet for some ideas I thought I would try mini lasagnas.

The Idea of these is that you make them in muffin tins so they are pre portioned. Perfect for lunches and an easy way to "portion control" your serving. There are several recipes out there for this and after reading many I put together one of my own. This is really one of those recipes that is a method. Just add the ingredients that you like.

1. Use Won ton wrappers for your noodles they are the right size and cook perfectly in the oven.

2 I sauteed some lean ground chicken with some salt and pepper.

3. Use your favourite tomato based pasta sauce or make your own. A easy way is to take a can of plain tomato sauce and add fresh garlic, onion powder, oregano a little sugar. I like to add some hot peppers and a dash of Cinnamon. simmer on low for at least 25 min.

4. I used and Italian cheese blend and some ricotta cheese ( you can also use cottage cheese) Mix them all together.

Assembly:

spray your muffin tin with some no stick spray.
Push a Won ton wrapper into the bottom and up the sides
add about a tablespoon of cheese blend, then some ground chicken, then some sauce.

Start the layers again. sprinkle a little cheese over the last layer of sauce.

Bake in a 350 over for about 40 min.


Perfect!!


Next time I think I would add a little sauteed spinach to the mix, but really the possibilities are endless!!

Comments