Eggs Amazing!!


Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile but in the mean time I have been eating some fabulous food.

I have to say I cleaned out my fridge the other day and made the most amazing baked eggs.

There are several ways to Bake and egg and really they are all pretty good. This technique is like a baked scrambled egg or a frittata with no frying pan!!

Take what ever you would like for your filling, onions, ham, spinach, cheese.....as with any egg dish the possibilities are endless. Like I said above I cleaned out my fridge of all the little leftovers. I started off by sauteing a shallot, then added some mushrooms that had to be used up. I had some as in maybe 2 Tablespoons of caramelize onions left over so that went in too. There was some asparagus that had to be cooked and some ham ( sandwich meat). All went into a fry pan to cook. Then in a bowl I whisked 4 eggs together and tossed in some baked spinach dip that I had left over.  In a well greased baking dish ( mine was a round pottery casserole dish) add about a cup and a half of the sauteed veggies and ham, then pour over the eggs. I topped it with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and baked in a preheated oven at 350 for 25 min.

This fluke of ingredients made the best eggs I have ever had!! Good luck with your version.

Comments